Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps kick off their last road trip of the regular season, a two-game swing in Manhattan, looking back at an uneven (and injury-filled) week and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Previews of tonight’s Madison Square Garden party from Vogs, AP, CP, NBCSW, Peerless, and NoVa Caps, and as always be sure to swing by our SB Nation pals over at Blueshirt Banter for the NYC side of things.
- Tonight the Caps get to take part in the Rangers’ Pride night, with lots of excellent celebrations and partners for the evening. [Rangers]
- With two important pieces of the team’s leadership group currently out with injuries, the group has expanded to include potential future captain Tom Wilson. [WaPo]
- Vitek Vanecek is one of a handful of young, inexperienced goalies making his mark in the NHL this season. [NHL]
- So do we have an answer for the Vanecek vs. Samsonov battle for starting netminder? [RMNB]
- Checking in on some of the team’s top prospects, including a couple of red-hot future Caps in Hershey. [NoVa Caps]
- Looking back at a week that saw dominance against the Islanders and frustration/apathy vs. the Pens… and the other East teams did stuff, too. [Peerless, Caps Outsider, All About the Jersey]
- A few leftovers from those two losses to Pittsburgh. Blech. [Caps, RMNB, S&S, THW]
- Finally, happy 67th birthday to Robbie Moore, happy 45th to local boy Jeff Halpern, and happy 64th to the Secretary of Defense, Rod Langway.