Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Wilson’s two goals lead the Caps to a 5-4 victory over the Rangers, the Caps re-up Fucale and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings on yesterday’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Oshie/Wilson, Dillon, recap), NHL, AP, Reuters, PHT, WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, Newsday, NYPost, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and BSB.
- Okay, so the Caps picked up their 10th win in 11 games. That’s good. Bad? The fact that once again, they let a team back in a game they should have won handily. [NBCSW]
- Tom Wilson’s two-goal outing yesterday just continued to show what we already knew: that his worth goes way beyond his physical presence. [NBCSW]
- Checking back on the week that was for the Caps and the East Division. [Peerless, Caps Outsider, All About the Jersey]
- And looking ahead at what remains on the schedule for the Caps as they head into the final 22 games. [NoVa Caps]
- It’s been a hot second since the last schedule change, so it’s time for a new one – the Caps-Bruins game set for April 20 is now taking place on April 11. [Caps, NHL, The Score]
- The Caps have re-upped goaltender Zach Fucale, signing him to a new two-year, two-way contract. [Caps]
- Finally, happy 64th birthday to Eddy Godin, happy 70th to Hartland Monahan, and happy 27th to the big man himself, Tom Wilson.