Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps and Pens get one last crack at each other before the playoffs, Ovechkin and Carlson return to practice and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Sometimes losses to the Penguins can cause us to lose perspective – but Thursday night’s OT loss had plenty of positives. [Rink]
- Clinching a playoff spot is just the first step for the Caps, who aren’t taking anything for granted as they prepare for their seventh-straight postseason. [Rink]
- Breaking down the good, the bad, and the ugly from the Caps’ latest stretch in the newest Vibe Check. [Rink]
- Check out some photos from a recent practice, where the Caps are finding a perfect balance between work and play. [Rink]
- Previews of the final Caps-Pens showdown of the season from Vogs, NBCSW, and AP, and if you’re so inclined feel free to swing by our SB Nation partners over at Pensburgh for the Pittsburgh point of view.
- This rivalry remains one of the few constants in an ever-changing league (and the strangeness of a pandemic season). [NBCSW]
- Updates from yesterday’s practice, where Alex Ovechkin and John Carlson both made an appearance (although both remain day-to-day). [Caps video (Laviolette, Sprong), NHL, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from Thursday’s OT loss to the Pens. [Caps, RMNB, S&S]
- With their ticket to the postseason officially punched, the Caps continue to make noise and be a strong contender for a Cup. [S&S]
- A look at the Caps’ franchise history when it comes to power-play and shorthanded goals allowed over the years. [NoVa Caps]
- The clock is ticking for Laviolette and company to finally make a decision on who their playoff goalie will be. [THW]
- Finally, happy 51st birthday to Reggie Savage, and happy 60th to Clint Malarchuk.