Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Oshie’s staying put, floating trade ideas for Kuznetsov, expansion draft theories and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- It shouldn’t have to be said again and again, but no, T.J. Oshie is probably not Seattle-bound (even if he has kind words for a former coach). [NBCSW, NHL]
- Based on the expansion draft rules and who the Caps will likely protect, though, can the same be said for Justin Schultz? [S&S]
- Breaking down the prospects and draft picks traded by each of the last five Cup champs to see if it is, in fact, worth it to go “all in”. [NoVa Caps]
- Alex Ovechkin is one of a large number of big-name players who could be headed to free agency (but probably won’t). [NHL]
- Reviewing the season for 2019 draft pick Brett Leason. [NoVa Caps]
- Floating a pair of potential trade options for the Caps should they decide to move Evgeny Kuznetsov. [ClutchPoints]
- Finally, happy 55th birthday to Bob Joyce and happy 65th to Jorgen Pettersson, and raise a glass in memory of Gaetan Duchesne, who would have been 59 today.