Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: A Nashville prospect takes a brave step forward, projecting Seattle’s roster on the eve of the expansion draft and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- With that step, Prokop becomes the first openly gay active player under NHL contract (which sounds like a lot of qualifiers, but they’re all important) – and immediately generated a ton of support from around the league. All good things. [NHL, Sportsnet]
- We’re just a day away from the Seattle expansion draft, and plenty of people have already taken a shot at what that new Kraken roster might look like. [The Score, THW, USA Today]
- There are plenty of top-notch centers available for Ron Francis to take a look at (and potentially swap for Kuznetsov…?). [NoVa Caps]
- There were some raised eyebrows at the Caps’ inclusion of blueliner Trevor van Riemsdyk on their protected list – here’s why it was probably the right move. [NBCSW, WHN]
- Finally, happy 32nd birthday to Ryan Stanton, and happy 71st to Terry Murray.