Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: a key piece of the Caps’ 2021-2022 puzzle, prospect updates and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Dmitry Orlov is poised to be a key piece of Washington’s lineup come October. [WHN]
- Should the Washington Capitals consider adding a center before the 2021-2022 season begins? [NoVa Caps]
- Caps’ prospect Connor McMichael has one heck of a bright future ahead of him. [S+S]
- The answer to the question “Have the Capitals had a successful 2021 offseason?” is not black and white. [NBCSW]
- The offseason as a whole has been kind of crazy, so there’s no shame in needing a mid-August recap of everything so far. [NoVa Caps]
- The final round of men’s 2022 Olympic qualification is set to begin on August 26, and Washington prospects Martin Fehervary and Aliaksei Protas are joining the national teams for Slovakia and Belarus, respectively, to vie for a spot in Beijing next year. [Fehervary, Protas]
- Goalies Vitek Vanecek and Alex Nedeljkovic have had somewhat parallel professional hockey stories so far in their young careers. [NoVa Caps]
- Happy 36th birthday to Troy Brouwer and 64th birthday to Pete Peeters!
Finally, some cuteness to brighten your Tuesday morning: