Photo by Patrick McDermott/NHLI via Getty Images
Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps take down the Ducks at home, Boyd again makes his case for sticking around and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Looking at the individual ups and downs from a shootout-filled week. [Rink]
- And what does the week ahead hold for the Caps? [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Reirden, locker room, recap), NHL, AP, Sporting News, WaPo, NBCSW, WashTimes, OC Register, Peerless, RMNB, and NoVa Caps.
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps, Caps video (Reirden, Rinkside Update/Oshie), NoVa Caps]
- Travis Boyd returned to the Caps amid a slate of injuries, but he’s making his case – yet again – to stick around. [WaPo]
- The journey of John Carlson. [StarsandSticks]
- Wednesday night’s game against the Caps is a big one for a rested, young and rebuilt Rangers’ squad. [BSB]
- All of us, including Lars Eller, were shocked – SHOCKED – that Brad Marchand channeled his inner thespian the other night in Boston. [NBCSW]
- Is the Caps’ team defense good enough so far this season? [StarsandSticks]
- Ranking the most dangerous duos in the NHL. [PHT]
- Find out what a dream day in DC with former Cap and NBCSW analyst Alan May looks like. [WaPo]
- Who were the Caps’ three stars of the week last week? [StarsandSticks]
- Finally, happy 58th birthday to Grant Ledyard, and happy 46th to Dean Melanson.