Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps drop another preseason game (and lose Fehervary to injury), the Lapierre/McMichael hype train continues on and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Recaps and other assorted musings from last night’s (sigh) loss to the Devils from Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Hagelin, McMichael), the Devils, NHL, WaPo, NBCSW, WHN, and All About the Jersey.
- Updates from yesterday’s practice, including the news that Pheonix Copley was headed to the waiver wire… [Caps video (Laviolette, Wilson), @CapitalsPR, Vogs]
- …and that the Caps lost Swedish speedster Axel Jonsson-Fjalby to the Sabres, who picked him up off the waiver wire. [Sabres, NBCSW]
- One prospect who is sticking around for the foreseeable future is 2021 draft pick Vincent Iorio, who signed a three-year ELC yesterday. [Caps]
Pen to Paper
— Washington Capitals (@Capitals) October 4, 2021
- In the battle of dueling youngster centers, could there be a case for Hendrix Lapierre over Connor McMichael? [S&S]
- Lapierre has been one of the big storylines out of training camp. [AP, QMI]
- Lapierre and McMichael got a big vote of confidence from the coaching staff, joining the team’s mostly NHL group at camp yesterday. [NBCSW]
- The Caps have not had the best preseason so far, and the troubles start on the blueline. [THW]
- Previewing the season ahead for Anthony Mantha, who prepares to play his first full season with the Caps. [S&S]