Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps drop a close contest to wrap up the road trip, looking at Monday’s trade deadline from team, division and leaguewide perspectives and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- What areas of the Caps’ game should – and shouldn’t – concern us right now? [Rink]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s loss from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Eller, Schultz, recap), NHL, AP, Reuters, WaPo, NBCSW, Newsday, Peerless, NoVa Caps, RMNB and LHH.
- It’s hard to blame the defense when you lose a 1-0 game, but the Caps gave up a ton of shots (and the lone goal) in the third last night – and they know they can be better. [NBCSW]
- With just over 20 games remaining, thoughts shift to the playoff picture and who the Caps, should they be postseason-bound, may face. [NBCSW]
- Taking a look at how each of the East Division teams shapes up ahead of the trade deadline… [NoVa Caps]
- …and what each of the 31 teams in the NHL should do at this year’s deadline. [PHT]
- As far as the Caps are concerned, it’s likely that the team atop the East Division will only be looking to fine tune the lineup… although one never knows. [THW]
- Finally, welcome back, baseball!