Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: Raffl’s late game-winner lifts the Caps over Boston, and closes the book on the regular season. With that done, focus now shifts to the Caps’ first-round series against the Bruins.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Time to start learning about the enemy… [Rink (Krejci, Lazar)]
- Recaps and other assorted musings on last night’s win from us, Vogs, Caps video (Laviolette, Raffl/Ovechkin, recap), NHL, AP, WaPo, NBCSW, NoVa Caps, RMNB, and SCoC.
- The best part of last night’s win, aside from the surprising ending, was the fact that Alex Ovechkin appears to be back at 100%. [ESPN, NBCSW]
- And now, with the regular season complete, the Caps turn their focus to the first round of the playoffs. [NBCSW]
- Previews of what should be a pretty intense series between the Caps and Bruins. [NBCS Boston, SCoC, THW]
- Shocker: the Caps drew the absolute toughest, worst-possible matchup in their first-round series. [RMNB]
- How does former Bruin/current Cap figure into this series? [NBCS Boston]
- News and notes from yesterday’s pregame skate. [Caps, video (Laviolette, Backstrom)]
- If the Caps should decide to part ways with Evgeny Kuznetsov at some point in the near future, here are a couple of potential destinations for the embattled center. [BR]