That’s a wrap. On Wednesday, the Ravens inked third-round defensive back Brandon Stephens to his rookie deal. With Stephens taken care of, the Ravens now have their entire 2021 draft class in the fold.
Stephens began his collegiate career as a running back at UCLA. Then, he transferred to SMU, switched to the secondary, and put himself on the NFL’s radar. Last year, Stephens notched ten passes defensed to lead the American Athletic Conference and also came away with one interception. Between ’19 and ’20, he batted down 22 passes in total, showing the length and coverage skills needed to make it at the next level.
Stephens spent most of his time on campus as a cornerback, but the Ravens believe that he can play both corner and safety. As the No. 104 pick, he’s slotted for a four-year, $4.8MM deal. That sum includes an $840K signing bonus with escalating salaries from now through 2024.
With less than a week to go before rookies report for duty, here’s the full recap of the Ravens’ 2021 class:
- Round 1: No. 27 Rashod Bateman, WR (Minnesota) (signed)
- Round 1: No. 31 (from Chiefs) Jayson Oweh, DE (Penn State)
- Round 3: No. 94 (from Chiefs) Ben Cleveland, G (Georgia)
- Round 3: No. 104 Brandon Stephens, CB (SMU)
- Round 4: No. 131 Tylan Wallace, WR (Oklahoma State) (signed)
- Round 5: No. 160 (from Cardinals) Shaun Wade, CB (Ohio State) (signed)
- Round 5: No. 171 Daelin Hayes, LB (Notre Dame) (signed)
- Round 5: No. 184 Ben Mason, FB (Michigan) (signed)
Photo courtesy of USA Today Sports Images.