Lionel Messi’s time with F.C. Barcelona came to an end earlier this summer. Perhaps the same will occur for Cristiano Ronaldo and Juventus.
Rumors have surfaced suggesting Ronaldo will leave Juventus and return, yes return, to Real Madrid by the end of the summer. The 36-year-old’s contract with Juventus ends in a year, and reports out of Spain on Monday said Ronaldo had discussions with Carlo Ancelotti about returning to Real Madrid. It appears too good to be true.
Ronaldo refuted the rumors surrounding his future and a potential reunion with Real Madrid in a statement on Tuesday. It doesn’t look like he’s even considering a reunion.
“In view of everything that’s been said and written recently, I have to set out my position,” Ronaldo said, via CBS Sports. “More than the disrespect for me as a man and as a player, the frivolous way that my future is covered in the media is disrespectful to all the clubs involved in these rumours, as well as to their players and staff.
“My story at Real Madrid has been written. It’s been recorded. In words and numbers, in trophies and titles, in records and in headlines. It’s in the Museum at the Bernabeu Stadium and it’s also in the minds of every fan of the club. And beyond what I achieved, I remember that in those nine years I had a relationship of deep affection and respect for “merengue afición“, an affection and respect that I retain to this day, and that I will always cherish. I know that the true Real Madrid fans will continue to have me in their hearts, and I will have them in mine.”
You can find Ronaldo’s full post below.
There’s still plenty of questions surrounding Cristiano Ronaldo’s future, but it looks like we can rule out Real Madrid.
The post Cristiano Ronaldo Reacts To Growing Transfer Rumors appeared first on The Spun.