Earlier this month, Adrian Wojnarowski reported the NBA and Players Association have agreed to have another play-in tournament for the upcoming season.
That decision came after the Los Angeles Lakers squared off against the Golden State Warriors in a highly-anticipated showdown. LeBron James and Stephen Curry gave fans quite the show before the Lakers won.
It was one of the most-watched games of the entire season. That made it an easy decision for the NBA to re-up the tournament in the future. However, there was one final hurdle left before the play-in tournament became official.
On Tuesday afternoon, NBA insider Shams Charania reported the NBA Board of Governors voted to have the play-in tournament next year. The tournament will take place from April 12-15.
Here’s how fans reacted to the news.
No surprise: the play-in tourney is back https://t.co/GfqajPtQgI
— Eric Walden (@tribjazz) July 27, 2021
I’m a huge fan of the Play-In Tournament and the stakes it has. Was really fun and happy to see it back https://t.co/kw2P8e2S9C
— Jake Madison (@NOLAJake) July 27, 2021
LeBron made it abundantly clear he wasn’t a fan of the play-in tournament. Here’s what he said just a few weeks before the tournament started.
“Whoever came up with that s— needs to be fired,” James said in May. Well, whoever came up with the tournament definitely wasn’t fired and will be back in full force next season.
Perhaps LeBron and the Lakers will make sure to have a better seed next season so they don’t have to play in the play-in tournament.
The post NBA World Reacts To The Play-In Tournament News appeared first on The Spun.
Leave a Reply