Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: the latest on two Russian Caps, NHL draft evals and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Capitals’ GM Brian MacLellan is aiming to wrap up Alex Ovechkin’s contract negotiations by Wednesday of this week. [WHN, RMNB, S+S]
- GMBM also walked back some of the Evgeny Kuznetsov trade rumors, clarifying that the Washington Capitals never explicitly stated they were looking to trade him. [RMNB, NBCSW]
- Despite those reassurances from MacLellan, Kuznetsov’s immediate future is still an unknown. [WHN]
- The Caps’ first selection in this year’s draft was Vincent Iorio, who has the potential to be a steal at 55th overall. [S+S]
- Get a closer look at the Capitals’ 2021 80th overall draft pick Brent Johnson. [NoVa Caps]
- How does Washington’s 2021 draft class rate as a whole? [S+S]
- Catch up on highlights and anything you missed from this weekend’s draft. [WHN]
- Finally, happy 58th birthday to Eric Calder!
Leave a Reply