Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps wrap up their visit to Philly, the GM chats with the media and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- Does Jakub Vrana remind anyone else of a certain legendary Caps’ sniper? [Rink]
- Previews of tonight’s rematch with the Flyers from Vogs, AP, SI, and as always be sure to visit our SB Nation pals over at Broad Street Hockey for the other side of tonight’s matchup.
- GM Brian MacLellan hopped on the old Zoom machine yesterday to talk all things Caps. [Caps video]
- Among MacLellan’s less shocking revelations was the fact that they were still working on a deal with Alex Ovechkin – but that they’d get it done. [NHL]
- More shocking? That he hasn’t closed the door on a Henrik Lundqvist return (but until then, he’s keeping an eye on the team’s goalie situation). [ESPN, WaPo, NHL]
- Speaking of goalies, get an in-depth look back at the careers of the three best Caps’ goalies in team history. [THW]
- Hear from coach and Caps after yesterday’s practice. [Caps video (Laviolette, Hathaway)]
- Caps’ prospect Garrett Pilon has been a standout for the Bears in his third season and may end up being a bona fide NHLer. [NoVa Caps]
- A few leftovers from Thursday night’s win. [Vogs, RMNB, S&S]
- Finally, happy 59th birthday to Grant Martin, and happy 52nd to Kevin “Killer” Kaminski.