Daily Washington Capitals news and notes: The Caps prepare for their first picks of the 2021 draft, looking back at the franchise’s draft history, the “Ovechkin effect” hits the draft and more.
Your savory breakfast links:
- As we await the Caps’ 2021 draft picks, we look back at the team’s five best draft picks over the years (and some late picks that defied the odds). [Rink]
- Vogs has more on the team’s drafting history with a look back at how they’ve drafted in each of this year’s slots. [Caps]
- It’s a strange draft year all around, and the Caps are hoping to get some mid-round gems out of it. [NBCSW]
- Looking at some sleeper picks the Caps could end up taking that could bolster the team. [S&S]
- Youth hockey in the DC area has blossomed over the last 10-15 years, with a couple of local “Ovechkin Effect” kids hoping to hear their names called today. [WTOP]
- Reflecting on the aftermath of losing Vitek Vanecek in Wednesday’s expansion draft. [THW, S&S]
- The top three takeaways from Seattle’s expansion draft and how it impacts the Caps. [S&S]
- Picking out the top 10 Caps’ home games to look forward to in 2021-22. [NoVa Caps]
- Finally, happy 66th birthday to Mike Marson, and happy 30th to Trevor van Riemsdyk.
Leave a Reply